Night to Shine: a Celebration of Life!
Friday, February 8, 2019 | King Street Church | Night to Shine is an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God’s love, for people with special needs ages 14 and older.
Night to Shine is sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation, to honor people with special needs. Last year, 537 churches and 175,000 volunteers in 48 states and 16 countries came together to honor 90,000 guests with special needs!
This event is a celebration of the value of life. It is a chance for our beloved brothers and sisters with special needs to feel how much we love them. And it is a rare opportunity for them to enjoy a celebration of this magnitude.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The evening will include a limousine ride, red carpet experience, food, gifts, music, dancing, and a video message from Tim Tebow. But the most special part of the evening is the crowning ceremony, when every participant is given a crown.
The Royal Treatment!
How we plan to show God's love to each guest:
The experience begins long before the actual event! We plan to take care of each guest in all aspects, including:
- We help to provide dresses and tuxedos with fittings.
- Each guest will be accompanied by a "buddy," whose sole job is to ensure that they have an amazing night!
- Guests will arrive in style in a limousine, and they will walk the red carpet as the "paparazzi" cheers and takes photos!
- Everyone is given flowers/boutonniere, and is invited to receive beauty treatments including hair styling, make-up application, fingernail painting, and -- especially for the guys -- shoe-shining.
- A full meal will be served in a beautifully-decorated space.
- We will dance the night away with a live DJ!
- Each guest will receive a gift.
- If any guest should need a quiet space for a moment, rooms with a soothing environment are provided. Additionally, rooms are available for family members to hang out during the party.
- The highlight of the evening is a crowning ceremony where each guests takes a walk on the red carpet, as we cheer, and receives a crown as their name is announced as the King or Queen of the night!
Partnering As One
Tim Tebow Foundation
The mission of the Tim Tebow Foundation is to bring Faith, Hope and Love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need.
Antrim Brethren in Christ
The mission at ABIC is to evangelize, encourage, equip, and engage all people to be true worshippers for God’s Glory.
King Street Church
The mission of KSC is to engage and bless our community with the Gospel.
Psalm 139:14, NIV
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."